Wednesday, 24 November 2010

Article Feedback and Final Draft

Article Feedback:
I scanned my marked article on to my blog as i wanted to show the changes i will make and what i did to improve on my article to make it better and more realistic for my magazine. By clicking on the image, it will enlarge and have a clear view of what need changing.

Final Draft of Article:
This is my final article draft for my magazine, where  have changed things that needed to be corrected.

ONE TO WATCH

The Ghost of Samantha the New British Kind of Pop Punk:

Samantha Grint – ‘I’m not a band, it’s just me, my pen and paper and my piano’

The Ghost of Samantha; up and coming new artist filling our eardrums with the sound of her never-ending talents and Brit-style quirks. The office was hooked on her immediately with her mixture of bouncy, jump around pop and gorgeous melodies. She writes, she plays, she sings and listens to Siouxsie Sioux and Adam and the Ant, which is pretty impressive for someone who was born in nineteen ninety-six (1996!) "I might be young, but I'm really not some little girly girl. I want to be different and be something no one has ever seen before"

Samantha’s an average fourteen-year-old girl living on the out-skirts of London, enjoying everyday life: school, fighting with her sisters, going out with friends, signing to a major record label, collaborating with White Lies and so on. No big deal, right? She stands ready for the world with her trusty piano and her big colourful bows. We catch up with the young singer/songwriter to find out how her life has changed in so many ways from a normal school girl to a pop sensation with her British - quirky style. “I know what I want and the only way it will happen, is if I do it the way I want to.”

Samantha started playing the piano and drums when she was just six years old; she says, "I really do feel ready for this, I am still young, but I don't think I'm going to be missing out on my childhood or anything. This is the best thing that could've happened to me. Not a lot of people my age get this opportunity and I am so grateful." The Londoner begins telling us about her unusual, unique lyrics inspired by sibling rivalry, her teachers (just started year ten – doing her GCSE’s) and dating boys! Her lyrics are so detailed and so humorous you can really see how far she will go. She's got wit and songwriting down to a tee, which may promise interesting things when she's much older. She tells us that one of her idols is Morrissey from The Smiths she finds he’s voice so inspiring.

Samantha may face some green-eyed-monsters when they read this, as she is already hitting it big time recording with some of most iconic artists in Britain today; there has been rumors of her recording with Baby-Shambles and The Arctic Monkeys. It’s just unbelievable that she’s only just turned fourteen “I absolutely love writing my own music, I couldn’t see myself doing anything else than being behind a piano with a crowd of people singing along with me’ how we wish we were in her shoes right now”.

Another thing that everyone is talking about is Samantha’s impressive dress sense which is cross between Alice in Wonderland, PolyStyrene from the X-Ray-Specs and those endless colours of Doctor Martens she treasures, her style can be summed up as individual, bit rough and so ready.

Samantha has her single coming out soon and then, following that her, album ‘Mouth’ where she will then be touring with her favorites White lies and The Maccabees, amongst other fantastic dates to go in her diary. Samantha tells us about her new single ‘Mr. and Mrs. Mannequin’ which is about twisted relationships whether it will be online lovers or falling madly in love with a mannequin and what goes on behind closed doors. “This took me five days to write, when I am passionate about a song I can’t stop till I finish, I am so pleased how the song has turned out and can’t wait for it to be released” Samantha’s new single is a breath of fresh air, her voice is brilliantly projected and with no special effects intended to make this song, as she can sing acoustically with no challenges.

Samantha has only played a few small gigs around her area “I get so excited before I go on stage, I jump around and I go crazy.” But already her reputation as a live performer is already set to grow, with upcoming shows including Club Koko in London, Dot to Dot club, under eighteen misfits party, she will be starting her tour next year as we can see she will be very busy. Samantha has also been the talk of the town and has been described as "2010 music's new star and too talented to be told what to do.” which was said in Dazed and Confused magazine. The only thing were waiting to see now is her music video which is going to be recorded in the next two weeks, “I have so many ideas for the video, I'm lucky because I have all the freedom I want. I want it to show just me, my style and my love for what I am doing.” She also said she has been planning this since she wrote the song. “It’s so exciting I can’t wait, for it to all happen I’m inviting loads of my mates to come down and get involved ” - So young and organizing a music video, it just does not seem fair!

Truth is, Samantha might be shockingly young, but she seems better prepared for pop stardom than many female singers twice her age. She's really got her head screwed on and seems more down to earth and hasn’t let her fame change her. "I'm not aiming too high at this point because how can I tell what people will think of me" Finally the challenge for The Ghost of the Samantha is now what will she do next for us fashion or acting? “I want to try everything but first my passion is my music, so watch out for me”.

MR AND MRS MANNEQUIN EP OUT 5TH JANUARY
MOUTH ALBUM OUT 10TH JANUARY
TOUR TICKETS: TO BE COMFIRMED.


No comments:

Post a Comment